Posts Tagged ‘vodka’
One of my families favorite restaurants here in Arizona is Brio. Every time we go up to the Phoenix area we go there. I have fallen in love with their Pasta a la vodka. It is to die for.
This is my attempt at making it. It is pretty darn good if i say so my self. My husband says he actually likes it better….go me! And my picky little eater actually ate it all with out a fight….bonus.
Start with a very large pan heated with some olive oil (about 1/4 cup). Add in your chopped onion.
Chop up some prosciutto and garlic and add to the pan.
Here is my favorite part……the Vodka. Turn your heat down to low and add 1/3 cup in to pan. Go ahead and have some for yourself….its ok, I wont tell.
Add your tomato sauce and stir. Add your Salt and pepper to taste.
Toss in your cooked Tortellini (Cheese filled of course
Tortellini a la Vodka
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 6 oz Prosciutto, chopped
- 3 colves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup Vodka
- 12 oz Tomato Sauce/Spaghetti sauce
- 6 oz heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 48 oz Cheese Tortellini
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil
- Add onion and cook about 2 min until onion is almost translucent.
- Add your garlic and prosciutto. Cook 2-3 more min
- Add your vodka and tomato sauce
- Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Add your cream and cheese. Simmer on low until cheese melts.
- Gently toss in Tortellini.
- Serve Warm