Posts Tagged ‘veggies’
This came from staying up ALL night while the dear hubby was on a business trip.
I just cant seem to sleep with him not here. Thank goodness for coffee and energy drinks. I consumed 3 the other day….don’t judge….ok judge.
I wanted to make something special for when he came home.
As I rummaged thru my fridge looking at the nothingness I had to make his favorite meal, I began to just toss stuff in the food processor.
The flavor is out of control. He gobbled it up, asking for more. (sadly I had no more ). The kiddos even loved it.
Piri Piri Chicken
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 red peppers, roughly chopped
- 3 serrano chili peppers, seeded
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½-1 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breasts
- In the bowl of a food processor, process lemon zest, juice, garlic, red peppers, chili peppers, parsley, cilantro, paprika, chili powder and vinegar. (you may need to process in the middle of adding ingredients to make room).
- While processor is on and running drizzle in olive oil. Start with ½ a cup. Add more to desired consistency (I only needed ½ cup)
- Remove and reserve about 1 cup.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag add chicken and remaining processed sauce.
- Stick in fridge for 1 hour (overnight for best results).
- Remove chicken ½ before cooking. Turn grill on to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken on grill. Cook 15 min, turn cook 15 min more (or until done).
- Serve with reserved sauce.
When ever I need something fast and warm and feeling half-way, kinda, some what healthy I make this.
It is kinda, sorta healthy because it has veggies in it.
My kids LOVE (with all capitol letter) this. Even the hubby loves this.
Mac & Cheese Soup
- 1 pkg (32 oz) Chicken broth
- 6 oz noodles (i.e. pasta shells)
- 1 bag Frozen broccoli, cauliflower, carrot blend
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot, bring broth to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta and reduce heat to medium. Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 min.
- Add veggies and cook until veggies and pasta are tender. About 5-7 min more.
- Combine milk and flour in a re-sealable container; sake well to combine.
- Stir milk mix into pasta and veggies. Cook until bubbly.
- Add cheese and cook until melted.
- Serve warm.