Posts Tagged ‘pizza crust’
So my little ones have both started karate…. Not sure how I feel about giving them skills to kick each others butts, but….oh well…it is a few hours I don’t have to entertain them
And man oh man, it is the cutest thing ever! (sorry for the photo size. I took it from my phone and not sure how to change it. The technically gifted husband is out of town).
Therefor I need something when we get home and they are nagging me about being hungry and don’t want to wait for he oven to heat up.
This little concoction came from surfing the net while trying to ignore the back ground screams, cries and crashing sounds.
Speaking of back ground noises, I hear a lot of noise for kids that are supposed to be brushing their teeth….excuse me please……..
Ok I deeply apologize for that. Crazy youngsters.
Back to the amazingness that is this recipe.
This is fabulous for party appetizers or for a meal (shoot, its what I ate tonight).
This is super fast and not much work is needed, which I LOVE
Take your pizza dough and cut it into thirds. Roll out one third and drizzle with olive oil and place on preheated waffle iron. Drizzle top with olive oil, and close iron. Let that cook for about 5-8 min or until nice and brown.
Remove, top with basil ribbons (just take a few leaves of basil, stack onto each other, roll and slice) some chopped tomato and cubed fresh mozzarella. Grind some pepper and drizzle with a bit more olive oil.
Yum…..So supper yummmy.
Focaccia Waffles topped with Mozzarella Salad
- 1 pkg (16 oz) pizza dough (I used Trader Joes Garlic Herb)
- about ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ball (8 oz) fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup basil, cut into ribbons
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat waffle iron (I put mine to its highest setting)
- Take Pizza dough and cut into thirds. 1/3 of pizza dough and roll out. You want it as big as your waffle iron. Drizzle with olive oil and place on bottom o iron. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil and close. Cook for 5-8 min or until nice and brown.
- Remove and place on plate. Top with basil ribbons, chopped tomato and cubed mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with pepper and drizzle with a bit more olive oil. Dig in.
- Make about 3 waffles.