Posts Tagged ‘peppermint’
Holly cow…some one seriously needs to stop me.
I ate pretty much the entire batch of these. I saved a few for my hubby and kids to try (I was in a sharing mood)
Hope none of you are on a diet.
Lets get started…..I need to make more of these little devils.
First make a batch of brownies. Let them cool and cut into squares, about 1 inch by 1 inch.
These start out just like the Cake Batter Candies.
First mix up your condensed milk and 1 cup of powdered sugar. Add your peppermint oil (or extract) and vanilla. Add in remaining powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, until it becomes firm.
Take 1 tsp of your peppermint mix and place it on 1 brownie. Pop in the freezer for about 10 min.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate and shortening until smooth.
Take your frozen peppermint brownie concoction and dip it in the chocolate. Rest it on a fork and let any extra chocolate drip off.
Pop in freezer for 5-10 min to set up.
Eat….or send to me
Brownie Peppermint Patties
(adapted from SavorySweetlife.com)
- 1 batch brownies, cooked and cut into 1×1 inch squares.
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint oil (or 1 Tbsp peppermint extract)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ Tbsp shortening
- In a large bowl, mix condensed milk and 1 cup of powdered sugar until fully combine.
- Add vanilla and peppermint. Mix well.
- Add remaining powdered sugar until dough is pretty firm (like play dough)
- Place 1 tsp of peppermint mix on top of 1 brownie square and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Pop in freezer for 10 min.
- For the chocolate coating, in a microwave safe bowl add chocolate chips and microwave in 30-second increments, making sure to stir after each. Takes about 2 min total.
- Stir in shortening until smooth.
- Remove peppermint brownies and dip into chocolate. Pop back into freezer of fridge to set.
- Store in freezer