Posts Tagged ‘peanuts’
So in order to get on the best side possible of my darling husband, so that I can get a new camera , I have been making some of his favorites.
The best way to a mans heart is thru his stomach…right
So here is one of his top desserts.
First up, the Oreo cookie crust.
Process 1 package of Oreo’s (reserve 2 cups of crumbs) and mix with melted butter and sugar. Press into the bottom of dish.
Remove ice cream from freezer and smother on chocolate sauce. Then sprinkle with peanuts.
And sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
Stick in freezer (and store in freezer).
Ultimate Ice Cream Dessert
- 1 pkg ( 16.6oz) Oreo Cookies
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ gallon ice cream, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup butter
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups peanuts
- 1 carton (8 oz) frozen whip topping, thawed
- In a food processor, process your Oreos into crumbs.
- Combine 2 cups of cookie crumbs, ½ cup melted butter and sugar in a medium bowl. Press into the bottom of a 13×9 inch dish. Freeze 10 min.
- Spread ice cream over frozen crumb bottom. Freeze again until firm, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine powdered sugar, chocolate chips, ½ cup butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil for 5 min, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Set aside to cool to room temp.
- Once ice cream layer is frozen and chocolate sauce is cooled, pour chocolate sauce over ice cream. Sprinkle with peanuts and freeze again for about 30 min. or until firm.
- Spread whip topping over top and sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Freeze once again.
- Store in freezer. Serves 12-16 people.