Posts Tagged ‘Italian dressing’
I have to say with the warmer days we have been having (at least out here in AZ), I am officially declaring it BBQ season.
The weekends in our have always been about BBQ or Brick Oven cooking. The kids swim, we cook. Fun all around.
I have started to crave grilling more and more. Because I am scared to death of our BBQ, I end up settling for indoor mock grilling. The kids don’t enjoy it as much, but I get my fix.
This came out of pure laziness one day. I sooo was not in a cooking mood; and child #2 was extremely emotional (pretty much everyday she is emotional, but this day more than normal). I needed something quick and something she would enjoy. (she is one of the most picky eaters that I know….short little ditty about her….when she orders her pizza it has to be pepperoni pizza with the pepperoni off. Not cheese pizza, that is no good….picky right?)
My daughter loves Ranch. She (like my hubby and son) dip everything in ranch…their burgers, pizza, eggs….everything! (we go thru a lot of it)
So the Italian Ranch Chicken burger was born
I have to say this little guy was delsih! After hovering down one I wanted another, and another, and another. But sadly I only was able to have the one.
These quickly made it back on our menu and will be made many more times.
The only thing I will try adding/changing is the addition of bacon. Nom, Nom, Nom……Sorry I had to close my eyes there a bit to fantasize
I hope you try these and enjoy.
Italian Ranch Chicken Burgers
Makes 4 Burgers
- 4 chicken breast
- 1 bottle (8 oz) Italian Dressing
- 1 pkg (1 oz) Ranch dressing powder
- 4 buns
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a large (gallon size) Ziploc bag, place chicken, ranch powder and Italian dressing. Seal and shake. Let sit in fridge for 4 hours (best if overnight).
- Pre-heat grill (I pre-heated my indoor grill to 300). Cook chicken 4-5 min on each side, or until done
- Take your bun and add cheese to 1 side and sliced avocado to the other. Place cooked chicken on and top with lettuce and other half of bun.
- Dig in!