Posts Tagged ‘dips-warm’
Just until recently one of my cringe foods was artichoke.
I would run screaming if some one mentioned that there were artichokes in a dish.
But this past summer, while on vacation in Washington, I decided to give it a try. It may have been bravery hit me or one to many Cherry Mojitos (<to die for…..still trying to figure out how they made it )
But I gave this Artichoke Crab dip a try and loved it. I loved it so much I hoarded the bowl all to my self.
This is defiantly one recipe you can find me in a corner at night scarfing down
So lets get to the good-ness……
In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese and crab meat.
Now take your fresh (check back tomorrow for a home made french bread recipe) French bread and cut in half. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, smear garlic on and top with sliced mozzarella.
Generously spread the cream cheese, artichoke, crab mix on top. (My kids wouldn’t like it so I halved the recipe…their loss)
Top with a bit more Parmesan cheese and pop into the oven. Remove and let cool a bit.
Look at that gorgeousness…..delish…
Artichoke Crab Dip Bread
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz mozzarella
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, diced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (6.5 oz) crab meat (fresh meat will work to, I just couldn’t find any)
- 1 cup four cheese blend, or Italian blend, shredded
- Pre heat oven to 425
- Cut French bread in half. Drizzle with olive oil and smear with garlic. Top with mozzarella
- In a medium-large bowl, combine cream cheese, artichoke hearts, crab-meat, ½ cup Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Top generously onto bread and stick in oven for 8-10 min. or until cheese begins to melt
- After cheese has begun to melt, turn broiler on to low and broil until cheese is golden. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn. It should only take about 2-3 min.
Here is the Gorgonzola cream sauce that goes incredible with the Gorgonzola Steak Rolls.
This is so simple yet so flavorful.
It all starts with this….
Then comes the secret……add some crushed red pepper flakes….trust me it is so much better with them.
Simmer until warm and a bubble.
Pour in a small dish and devour.
Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 ½ Tbsp flour
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup Gorgonzola crumble
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- In a medium pot, melt butter.
- Add flour, milk and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and mixture is creamy
- Add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Serve warm.
So after consuming my….lets say 2 glasses of wine last night, I wasn’t really up to making my usual grommet meals:)
So I enlisted help from my son. This is what we came up with….
Easy Cheesy Bean Dip
- 1 can refried beans (I like the fat free version—-less guilt)
- 8 oz block of Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 jar of your favorite salsa
- Combine all ingredients in a pot. Place on stove over medium heat.
- Cook until cheese is melted and everything is combine.
- Serve warm with chips or put in a tortilla for a delish bean burrito.