Posts Tagged ‘cooking creme’
I am a huge pasta lover.
I dont discriminate. I love it in all shapes and sizes.
But I must confesss……I have never, not ever, cooked with Orzo. It has scared me….intimidated me…..made me eat gallons of ice cream at a time.
Ok maybe I can’t blame that last one on the pasta.
I decided one day while at the store to put on my big girl pants, man up and take that little guy on.
I have no idea why I was so frightened of this little thing. I love it. It cooks faster (which helps with my impatience) and its smaller so you can shovel more in your mouth.
I feel so good about my self….I can take on the world!
This is a fantastic side to the Chicken Puri Puri
Creamy Garlic and Cheese Orzo
- 1 box ( 16oz) Orzo
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- ½ container Cooking crème cheese
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup scallions
- Cook pasta (orzo) in a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook about 8-9 min, just until al dente.
- In a large pan melt butter. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook about 1 min (just until softened). Add cooked pasta. Fold in cooking crème. Once incorporated, add cheese; simmer and continue to stir until melted.
- Add scallions and gently stir.
- Serve warm.
Who doesn’t love a good baked potato????
I sure do. I really love them……my thighs can confirm that
So to start this recipe you….bake your potatos
Once baked……remove foil and let cool to room temp.
Stick in your fridge, over night
Pre-heat your oven to 350 and butter a 2 quart baking dish.
In a large bowl, using the large holes of a grater, grate your potatoes (don’t forget to remove plastic wrap )
Chop up your shallot and garlic.
With your hands gently combine shredded potatoes, 1 3/4 cup cheese, salt, pepper, shallot and garlic.
If you find this in your store….get some….it is great in sauces…in this…..in anything
Gently fold in the cooking creme and sour cream
Place into your buttered dish. Do not compress. Top with cheese and bake for about 30 min.
It looks the same but warm, gooey, bubbly and delicious.
Shredded Baked Potato
- 4 large potatoes, scrubbed but unpeeled
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 425
- Wrap each potato in aluminum foil and pierce several times with fork to vent.
- Place potatoes directly on oven rack and bake until tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and remove aluminum foil, and let cool to room temp.
- Once cooled, wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours
- Pre heat oven to 350. Butter a 2 qt. casserole dish.
- Using a box grater (large holes), grate the potatoes (including skin) into a large bowl.
- Add shallot, garlic, 1 ¾ cup cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Mix in with hands.
- Fold in sour cream and cream cheese gently.
- Pour into baking dish. Do not compress.
- Top with remaining cheese
- Bake for 30 min, or until warm, bubbly and top is brown.