Posts Tagged ‘chicken’
I have to say with the warmer days we have been having (at least out here in AZ), I am officially declaring it BBQ season.
The weekends in our have always been about BBQ or Brick Oven cooking. The kids swim, we cook. Fun all around.
I have started to crave grilling more and more. Because I am scared to death of our BBQ, I end up settling for indoor mock grilling. The kids don’t enjoy it as much, but I get my fix.
This came out of pure laziness one day. I sooo was not in a cooking mood; and child #2 was extremely emotional (pretty much everyday she is emotional, but this day more than normal). I needed something quick and something she would enjoy. (she is one of the most picky eaters that I know….short little ditty about her….when she orders her pizza it has to be pepperoni pizza with the pepperoni off. Not cheese pizza, that is no good….picky right?)
My daughter loves Ranch. She (like my hubby and son) dip everything in ranch…their burgers, pizza, eggs….everything! (we go thru a lot of it)
So the Italian Ranch Chicken burger was born
I have to say this little guy was delsih! After hovering down one I wanted another, and another, and another. But sadly I only was able to have the one.
These quickly made it back on our menu and will be made many more times.
The only thing I will try adding/changing is the addition of bacon. Nom, Nom, Nom……Sorry I had to close my eyes there a bit to fantasize
I hope you try these and enjoy.
Italian Ranch Chicken Burgers
Makes 4 Burgers
- 4 chicken breast
- 1 bottle (8 oz) Italian Dressing
- 1 pkg (1 oz) Ranch dressing powder
- 4 buns
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a large (gallon size) Ziploc bag, place chicken, ranch powder and Italian dressing. Seal and shake. Let sit in fridge for 4 hours (best if overnight).
- Pre-heat grill (I pre-heated my indoor grill to 300). Cook chicken 4-5 min on each side, or until done
- Take your bun and add cheese to 1 side and sliced avocado to the other. Place cooked chicken on and top with lettuce and other half of bun.
- Dig in!
This came from staying up ALL night while the dear hubby was on a business trip.
I just cant seem to sleep with him not here. Thank goodness for coffee and energy drinks. I consumed 3 the other day….don’t judge….ok judge.
I wanted to make something special for when he came home.
As I rummaged thru my fridge looking at the nothingness I had to make his favorite meal, I began to just toss stuff in the food processor.
The flavor is out of control. He gobbled it up, asking for more. (sadly I had no more ). The kiddos even loved it.
Piri Piri Chicken
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 red peppers, roughly chopped
- 3 serrano chili peppers, seeded
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½-1 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breasts
- In the bowl of a food processor, process lemon zest, juice, garlic, red peppers, chili peppers, parsley, cilantro, paprika, chili powder and vinegar. (you may need to process in the middle of adding ingredients to make room).
- While processor is on and running drizzle in olive oil. Start with ½ a cup. Add more to desired consistency (I only needed ½ cup)
- Remove and reserve about 1 cup.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag add chicken and remaining processed sauce.
- Stick in fridge for 1 hour (overnight for best results).
- Remove chicken ½ before cooking. Turn grill on to medium-high heat.
- Place chicken on grill. Cook 15 min, turn cook 15 min more (or until done).
- Serve with reserved sauce.
When I am not in the mood to cook or get dressed to go get something , I make this.
It is fast to whip up and I pretty much always have what is needed on hand.
I don’t typically feel bad after eating this either.
It is what I eat after I eat this that is bad
Spicy Chicken with Guacamole Dip/Spread
- 4 chicken breast, cubed
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 3 avocados (guts only, no skins or seeds )
- 1 Serrano pepper
- 2 colves garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- ¼ onion
- ¼ cup cheese, cheddar
- 6 tortillas
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag, place chicken, olive oil, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder and cayenne. Seal and shake. Pop in fridge for at least 20 min.
- In the bowl of a food processor add remaining ingredients (tomato, avocado, Serrano, garlic, yogurt, cilantro and onion) blend until smooth. Add cheese and pulse three to four times.
- Remove chicken from fridge and sauté in a large pan until done.
- Take a tortilla and place 1- 1 ½ Tbsp of guacamole dip/spread. Top with chicken and roll. Eat and enjoy.
I have fallen in love all over again with my crock pot.
Just dump the food in and as that guy from the late night informercials said
“Set it and forget it”
I love cooking like that.
This recipe came from my darling, handsome hubby (still trying to butter him up ).
He is a man who LOVE S meat and LOVES sauces.
I mean really LOVES….it borders on a disease.
He just came up with this the other night and I thought to my self (as I was sneaking some) this would be fabulous with some shredded chicken.
My kids actually loved it. I was shocked. It has that great buffalo flavor, but not super spicy. The BBQ sauce helps to mellow it out.
Buffalo BBQ Shredded Chicken
- 4 chicken breast, frozen
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays Original)
- ½ cup buffalo sauce (I used Franks buffalo sauce)
- ¼ cup Ranch
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- Place frozen chicken breast in crock-pot. Turn on to High.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on high for 4 -5 hours, or until done.
- Shred and serve.
One of my favorite comfort foods is Lasagna. Oh the pasta, cheese, carbs, cheese, meat, cheese, sauce, cheese……you get my point.
It just takes so long to make sometimes. So I wanted to shorten the time it took to make it…so I can make more of it and eat more of it.
Don’t judge…..ok judge.
Using ravioli eliminates 2 of the steps……holler
I mixed it up and used some cheese ravioli and some mushroom ravioli. I had to get some type of veggie in there
I wont waste your time with the step by step directions; as I am sure you are well aware of how to make a lasanga.
(sauce/meat layer followed by the pasta followed by some cheese and more sauce and repeat)
I was worried about the texture initially……my mind can rest easy. It was fan-tabulous.
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 16 oz mozzarella
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 25 oz frozen cheese ravioli
- Pre heat oven to 375
- In a large pan cook ground turkey. Add sauce and cook until warm and bubbly.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook ravioli only 2-3 min. Just so it is no longer frozen.
- Take ½ cup of sauce and meat mix and spread on the bottom of a 8×8 baking dish.
- Place on layer of ravioli, then some cheese and more meat/sauce mix.
- Continue layers.
- Top with any remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35 min, uncovered and over a cookie sheet.
- Remove and let stand for 5 min. Cut and serve.
- Serves 6-8 people.
I was never, ever a Mexican food fan. I have always love Italian food or southern food.
But once I tried this, I fell in L-O-V-E.
In a medium bowl, combine shredded chicken and 1 cup cheese.
These are little angles. They help me not be 500 pound. I love my carbs. I mean LOVE…..I would give my left arm for some pasta (only kidding there)
The best thing about these (other than the taste), is that they only have 4 net carbs!!!! 4!!!!!! I can eat all of them and not feel guilty….well not toooo guilty.
Take one tortilla and spoon 1 Tbsp of sauce onto the center and add about 1 Tbsp of chicken and cheese mix. Fold and place seam down in baking dish (13×9 inch) side by side.
Now my hubby loves these so much (and it was pretty late when we finally got to eat) I did not get a chance to take any cooked pictures. I went to grab my camera (backup camera) and turned around and he was on the couch digging in.
I had to jump in or I wouldn’t get any.
But trust me….make these. You will be glad you did.
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- 16 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 dozen tortillas (small, i.e. corn)
- 2 cans (10.5 oz each) cream of chicken soup
- 1 pt sour cream
- 1 can (7 oz) diced green chilies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded chicken and 1 cup cheese.
- In a medium-large pot combine cream of chicken soup, 1 cup cheese, sour cream, green chilies and salt and pepper until warm, bubbly and smooth.
- Take 1 cup of sauce and pour on bottom of baking dish.
- Take one tortilla and spoon 1 Tbsp of sauce onto the center and add about 1 Tbsp of chicken and cheese mix. Fold and place seam down in baking dish (13×9 inch) side by side.
- Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 30 min.
I absolutely love this recipe. I feel like I can eat a ton of it with no guilt (because there is no cream, yea thats why).
**Check back tomorrow for something to ruin being good with this recipe ****
I know I say a lot of things are easy but this is. It is pretty hard to mess up.
First you start out with homemade croutons. Then break into the light dressing. Yummm
So lets start shall we.
First up…..Preheat your oven to 400.
Cut up your favorite bread into bite size cubes.
Place them on a cookie sheet and drizzle with some olive oil and a bit of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pop in the oven.
Now move on to the dressing.
In a pan over medium heat pour some olive oil in and place your anchovy filets.
I know….ewww, anchovies….but all (good) caesar salad has it.
Lets let those filets disintegrate. Then add your garlic. Let that simmer for just a bit.
Now add your Worcestershire sauce and lemon.
Take out your croutons. They should be nice and golden brown by now.
In a large bowl put your romaine lettuce and gorgeous croutons.
Pour your dressing (you may need a spatula to get all the good stuff out) over and toss.
Add some parmesan and….
Looks great huh?
Add some chicken for a full meal, or serve with pasta (which is what I almost always do).
No Cream Caesar Salad
- 2 cups bread, cut into cubes
- 5 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 3 anchovy filets
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 bag romaine lettuce
- ½ cup parmesan
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Place cubed bread on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pop in oven.
- Over medium heat drizzle 3 Tbsp olive oil. Add anchovy filets. With a fork help to break up. Let disintegrate into a paste.
- Add garlic and continue to simmer for 2-3 min. Turn heat to low.
- Add Worcestershire and lemon.
- Whisk lightly to bring together. Turn off heat
- Remove croutons. They should be nice and golden by now.
- In a large bowl put salad and croutons. Pour dressing over (you may need a spatula to help get all the good stuff out).
- Add Parmesan Cheese and toss a bit more.
I have only recently been introduced to them. I have always nervous about trying green food.
Then my father-in-law came up to our cabin and had some with him. I have been hooked ever since.
First step…Pound your chicken to about 1 1/2 inches thick. Great stress reliever
Place chicken into a Ziploc bag and pour in 2 cups of buttermilk. Seal bag and pop in fridge over night.
Now we need to de-shell your pistachios. You want 2 1/2 cups of naked pistachios.
Place naked pistachios into a food processor with parmesan cheese and process until all chopped up. And looks kinda like this.
Time to assemble.
First heat oven to 325 F
You need 3 shallow dishes. One with 2 cups of buttermilk. Another with 2 cups flour mix (flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder). And the last with the crushed pistachios.
Drizzle olive oil into a large pan and heat on medium heat.
Remove chicken from buttermilk bag and dust the chicken with flour mix, on both sides.
Dip into the buttermilk bowl, on both sides. Press both sides of chicken into the crushed pistachios.
Place chicken into pan and cook for 2-3 min, flip and cook on other side for 2-3 more min.
Place on a non-stick cookie sheet. Repeat wit remaining chicken.
Place chicken in oven for 10-12 min or until fully cooked.
Serve with pasta, potatoes, salad or on a stick
- 4 chicken breast, boneless skinless
- 1 quart Buttermilk
- 2 ½ cups roasted salted pistachios, shelled
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pound chicken until about 1 inch thick.
- Place in a large Ziploc bag and pour in 2 cups buttermilk. Seal bag and pop in fridge for at least 4 hours, over night would be best.
- Pre heat oven to 325.
- Place the naked pistachios into a food processor with Parmesan cheese and process until all chopped up.
- You need 3 shallow dishes. One with 2 cups of buttermilk; another with 2 cups flour mix (flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder). And the last with the crushed pistachios.
- Drizzle olive oil into a large pan and heat on medium heat.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk bag and dust the chicken with flour mix, on both sides.
- Dip into the buttermilk bowl, on both sides. Press both sides of chicken into the crushed pistachios.
- Place chicken into pan and cook for 2-3 min, flip and cook on other side for 2-3 more min.
- Place on a non-stick cookie sheet. Repeat wit remaining chicken.
- Place chicken in oven for 10-12 min or until fully cooked
- Remove and let cool for about 5 min. Serve.
This is one I got from my absolutely wonderful mama. She has made this for me since I was tiny (and because of this I am no longer tiny). And now I make it (and it is requested) for my little tiny people.
It is a quick easy meal you can whip up when you feel like cooking, stick in the fridge and heat up when you don’t feel like cooking.
First step….bring a large pot of water (about 8 cups) to a boil. Pop in your chicken and boil until fully cooked (about 10-15 min). Remove chicken and set aside to cool. Reserve 4 cups of the broth. Once chicken has cooled shred.
Cook for 30-40 min or until bubbly.
Enjoy with a side salad…..delicious. My mama is one good cook.
- 4 chicken breast
- 1 can Tomato Soup
- 1 can Cream of Chicken
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large pot boil, in about 8 cups water chicken until fully cooked (about 10-15 min).
- Remove chicken and set aside to cool. Reserve 4 cups of the broth.
- Once chicken has cooled shred.
- In a large pot mix the 4 cups of broth with the tomato soup. Add spaghetti noodles and cook until al dente. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer chicken in a casserole dish.
- Whip the cream of chicken and cream of mushroom in a medium bowl. Pour on top of chicken.
- Top with spaghetti and tomato mix.
- Top with cheese and pop in oven. Cook for 30-40 min or until bubbly.
This is defiantly one of my top 10 recipes. It has my love of carbs and cheese combine with some chicken so I don’t feel sooo bad. And it is super easy.
Here we go.
Place your shredded chicken in a bowl and add your sour cream (or I like to use Greek Yogurt), 1/2 a cup of your cheese and cilantro. Give it a good mix to combine. This is where it gets fun. Add 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce. Yummmm, huh
Time to Stuff.
Just take a Manicotti shell in one hand and a spoon full of the chicken mix and gently stuff it in. Do this until it is full. Tuck away into a casserole dish.
In a medium sauce pan/pot melt your butter. Once melted add your flour and mix it all up. Add cream and whisk until there are no lumps. Add remainder of buffalo sauce (3/4 cup) and stir some more. Add your cheese and salt and pepper to taste. And Pour over the stuffed noodles.
- ½ pkg (4 oz) Manicotti shells
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup buffalo sauce (or Franks hot sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook manicotti shells in salted boiling water until al dente. Remove and set aside to cool
- In a large bowl combine chicken, cilantro, sour cream and ½ cup cheese. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Mix in ¼ cup buffalo sauce.
- Grab your cooled Manicotti shells and gently stuff chicken mix inside.
- Place in a 9×9 casserole dish.
- In a medium sauce pan/pot melt butter over medium heat. Once melted add flour and mix.
- Add cream and whisk until there are no lumps. Add remainder of buffalo sauce (3/4 cup) and stir some more.
- Add your cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pop in oven for 30 min or until bubbly.
- Remove and let cool for about 5 min. Serve.