Posts Tagged ‘broccoli’
When ever I need something fast and warm and feeling half-way, kinda, some what healthy I make this.
It is kinda, sorta healthy because it has veggies in it.
My kids LOVE (with all capitol letter) this. Even the hubby loves this.
Mac & Cheese Soup
- 1 pkg (32 oz) Chicken broth
- 6 oz noodles (i.e. pasta shells)
- 1 bag Frozen broccoli, cauliflower, carrot blend
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large pot, bring broth to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta and reduce heat to medium. Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 min.
- Add veggies and cook until veggies and pasta are tender. About 5-7 min more.
- Combine milk and flour in a re-sealable container; sake well to combine.
- Stir milk mix into pasta and veggies. Cook until bubbly.
- Add cheese and cook until melted.
- Serve warm.