Posts Tagged ‘BBQ’
I have to say with the warmer days we have been having (at least out here in AZ), I am officially declaring it BBQ season.
The weekends in our have always been about BBQ or Brick Oven cooking. The kids swim, we cook. Fun all around.
I have started to crave grilling more and more. Because I am scared to death of our BBQ, I end up settling for indoor mock grilling. The kids don’t enjoy it as much, but I get my fix.
This came out of pure laziness one day. I sooo was not in a cooking mood; and child #2 was extremely emotional (pretty much everyday she is emotional, but this day more than normal). I needed something quick and something she would enjoy. (she is one of the most picky eaters that I know….short little ditty about her….when she orders her pizza it has to be pepperoni pizza with the pepperoni off. Not cheese pizza, that is no good….picky right?)
My daughter loves Ranch. She (like my hubby and son) dip everything in ranch…their burgers, pizza, eggs….everything! (we go thru a lot of it)
So the Italian Ranch Chicken burger was born
I have to say this little guy was delsih! After hovering down one I wanted another, and another, and another. But sadly I only was able to have the one.
These quickly made it back on our menu and will be made many more times.
The only thing I will try adding/changing is the addition of bacon. Nom, Nom, Nom……Sorry I had to close my eyes there a bit to fantasize
I hope you try these and enjoy.
Italian Ranch Chicken Burgers
Makes 4 Burgers
- 4 chicken breast
- 1 bottle (8 oz) Italian Dressing
- 1 pkg (1 oz) Ranch dressing powder
- 4 buns
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a large (gallon size) Ziploc bag, place chicken, ranch powder and Italian dressing. Seal and shake. Let sit in fridge for 4 hours (best if overnight).
- Pre-heat grill (I pre-heated my indoor grill to 300). Cook chicken 4-5 min on each side, or until done
- Take your bun and add cheese to 1 side and sliced avocado to the other. Place cooked chicken on and top with lettuce and other half of bun.
- Dig in!
This is incredible on everything from beef to chicken to pork.
Sprinkle it on burgers, steak, shrimp anything.
I really like this because, not only the flavors it add to your meats but no one will ever be able to figure out what it is that makes it taste so……yummy.
And it is super fast to whip up.
All Purpose Meat Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Pepper
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chipolte chili pepper
- Combine all ingredients into a large jar or small bowl.
- Season on any thing you desire. (I would shy away from desserts but to each there own)
I have fallen in love all over again with my crock pot.
Just dump the food in and as that guy from the late night informercials said
“Set it and forget it”
I love cooking like that.
This recipe came from my darling, handsome hubby (still trying to butter him up ).
He is a man who LOVE S meat and LOVES sauces.
I mean really LOVES….it borders on a disease.
He just came up with this the other night and I thought to my self (as I was sneaking some) this would be fabulous with some shredded chicken.
My kids actually loved it. I was shocked. It has that great buffalo flavor, but not super spicy. The BBQ sauce helps to mellow it out.
Buffalo BBQ Shredded Chicken
- 4 chicken breast, frozen
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays Original)
- ½ cup buffalo sauce (I used Franks buffalo sauce)
- ¼ cup Ranch
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- Place frozen chicken breast in crock-pot. Turn on to High.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on high for 4 -5 hours, or until done.
- Shred and serve.
I am staring out my window trying to think of something witty to say to open this post, I notice one of my neighbors house has a moving van. What the heck….I didn’t know they are moving, was the first thing that come to mind. The second was how much I wish that I could move. Start new somewhere…..ahhh. Then my mind wonders (as it often does) to our last vacation in the San Juan Islands in Washington (state). That was fun. The food was out of this world. One (of the many) best things I ate while there was this salad.
The day we got home I tried to recreate it. After many attempts I think I finally got it.
Here is your line up….
Mmmm…..this is soooo good. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Guess what we are having for dinner.
San Juan Salad
- 1 bag (7.6 oz) Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 ½ cups pasta, cooked (i.e. rigatoni, campanelle or pene)
- ½ cup candied pecan pieces
- ¼ cup Cranberries, dried
- ¼ cup Gorgonzola crumbles
- 1 ½ cup BBQ vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Put lettuce, cooked pasta, pecan pieces, cranberries and Gorgonzola into a large serving bowl.
- Drizzle with BBQ vinaigrette.
- Toss and enjoy.
For the Dressing:
- Put both ingredients into a air tight container and shake until fully combine. Or mix in a bowl.
- Drizzle over salad.