Posts Tagged ‘almond meal’
If you haven’t noticed my problem with Oreo and with Pancakes.
My kids LOVE pancakes so I really try to switch it up for them. And Oreos, well they are just plain good.
I can not, for some strange reason, stand to eat Oreos whole. I have to break them apart and eat the inside….then and only then I will put them back together and eat them as a sandwich. Weird I know. The super funny thing is though that my kids eat them the exact same way.
Any ways enough of my ramblings on to the goods.
Here is your line up….
It gave the pancakes a nice chewy texture. I was worried it would make them taste funny, but I couldn’t taste it at all. The back of the bag says you can substitute 1/2 of the flour in your recipes with this stuff. AWSOME!!!!! Great for watching your carb intake.
Then put all your dry ingredients into a large bowl (except the Oreos).
Fold in your Oreos until fully incorporated.
Pour about 1/3 of a cup on to your heated pan/griddle.
Cook….flip and cook some more until done.
Stack on a plate and enjoy with your favorite syrup.
1 ½ cups flour
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1/3 cup Almond Meal/Flour
1 Tbsp Honey
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup Oreos, crushed
- Preheat your griddle or pan (I preheated mine to 300)
- In a large bowl combine your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, Almond meal and salt). Gently stir until combine.
- Add your wet ingredients (honey, vanilla, eggs, milk)
- Mix and stir until fully incorporated. You may need to ad a bit more milk until desired consistency.
- Fold in Oreos.
- Butter (or oil) your griddle and pour about 1/3 cup of batter on to griddle.
- Cook until bubbles start to form and flip. Cook for about 2 more min. Remove.