Ever since I had my first taste of salted caramel, I like many other peeps, became an addict.
Hello, my name is Lauren and I am a salted Caramel addict (among other things….food related )
Remember this stuff…..
Trader Joes started me on my addiction. They start me on a lot of addictions.
Rather than break the bank (on caramel sauce) every time I went grocery shopping, I thought I would try to make some.
And to my surprise it was super easy, and beyond super tasty; we all like easy don’t we? I thought so.
Man I could just take a bath in this stuff….to much? sorry
Please ignore my shadow puppet hand
Salted Buttermilk Caramel Sauce
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 2 Tbsp Corn syrup
- 1 tsp Fleur de sel Salt (can be hard to find, I found it at Williams Sonoma)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large pot (make sure it is large as while this cooks it bubbles), combine buttermilk, sugar, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Cook until nice a caramel-ly rich brown. About 10 min. Stir frequently with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Continue to stir to cool.
- Enjoy. (Store in fridge)