Who doesn’t like fries?
There are endless ways to make them, top them and eat them.
They are the perfect companion to any BBQ.
First, pre-heat and prepare your baking sheet. Wash and begin to cut your potatoes.
Once cut let them soak in a large bowl of ice cold water and 1 tsp vinegar (this help to keep the potatoes white…you do not taste the vinegar at all once they are baked).
After 20 min in the water, remove and pat potatoes dry with paper towels.
In a large bowl combine butter, oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Toss in potatoes and coat well.
Pour on to baking sheet and bake.
Once golden and yummy looking, remove from oven and immediately top with cheese. Enjoy.
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 3 cups ice cold water
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ½ stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar and asiago)
- Pre-heat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl add the ice-cold water and vinegar.
- Wash and cut your potatoes into 1-inch strips, and place in the bowl. Let soak for 20 min. Remove and pat dry.
- In another large bowl combine butter, oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Mix until combine. Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Spread evenly over baking sheet and pop in the oven for 20 min. Stir/turn potatoes and bake for another 20-25 min or until golden brown.
- Remove and immediately top with cheese. The heat will help melt the cheese.