So I thought I would try something a bit different.
Keep you on your toes.
From time to time I like to be crafty. The kids like it. It helps the planet…..recycling junk I my have just tossed. Helps keep us artsy and keep our creative juices flowing.
I have seen these several places on the web and thought they were awesome. I almost bought one at Target the other day (glad I didn’t).
I thought since summer is coming up, these would be perfect for traveling kiddos. We keep these in the car for short trips to the store or longer ones up north.
I bet you have everything you need right now.
Eye Spy Jars
- 1 mason jar (I used a quart sized jar) or clear bottle w/top (the wider the mouth the better)
- 1 bag (48oz) rice (any kind will do)
- Assorted toys and trinkets
- List of the toys used
- Ribbon to go around the top, to make it pretty
- Fill jar 1/3 full of un-cooked rice.
- Add toys and trinkets. Fill with a bit more rice, then more toys and so on. Be sure to leave at least ½ – 1 inch room at the top.
- Put top on and shake up really good.
- Wrap ribbon around and tie, now it looks pretty