It is absolutely no secret that I have a sweet tooth; just rummage thru my recipes, pantry or fridge.
It is why diets just don’t work for me. Never have and I don’t think ever will.
While the hubs what out of town the other day, I got board. Yea I have two kids and a dog to entertain. And
could have should have worked on my fitness. But all that is STILL boring (not my kids…I love them. They were to busy bugging each other anyway).
SO……… the Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodle Cupcakes were born. (ahhhhh…thats supposed to be the sound of angels singing)
I love that I only had mini-chocolate chips. I think the regular sized may have been just a bit to much….maybe…..nahh, what am I talking about there is never to much chocolate.
First, mix up your batter (and pre-heat your oven)
Next, flour your chocolate chips. This will make it so they don’t fall to the bottom of the cupcake.
Then fold them in. Fill muffin cups and bake.
Then frost. ( I used the Brown Sugar Frosting from the Snickerdoodle Cookie sandwiches)
Then EAT/ Devour. I think I ate like 4 before I had to share.
Chocolate Chip Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp regular sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ Tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup mini-chocolate chips (tossed in flour)
- Pre heat oven to 350. Grease or line a muffin tin.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, vanilla and almond. Mix well.
- In a gallon Ziploc bag (or large bowl) combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Slowly incorporate into butter mixture.
- Add milk.
- Fold in floured mini-chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Pop in oven and bake for 25 min. Remove and let cool completely. Frost.
Brown Sugar Buttercream
From Always with Butter
- 1½ sticks of butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and brown sugar together.
- Add cinnamon and powdered sugar (1 cup at a time so you don’t end up in a huge dust cloud).
- Add milk and vanilla.
- EAT!!!! Or frost if you must