Just until recently one of my cringe foods was artichoke.
I would run screaming if some one mentioned that there were artichokes in a dish.
But this past summer, while on vacation in Washington, I decided to give it a try. It may have been bravery hit me or one to many Cherry Mojitos (<to die for…..still trying to figure out how they made it )
But I gave this Artichoke Crab dip a try and loved it. I loved it so much I hoarded the bowl all to my self.
This is defiantly one recipe you can find me in a corner at night scarfing down
So lets get to the good-ness……
In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese and crab meat.
Now take your fresh (check back tomorrow for a home made french bread recipe) French bread and cut in half. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, smear garlic on and top with sliced mozzarella.
Generously spread the cream cheese, artichoke, crab mix on top. (My kids wouldn’t like it so I halved the recipe…their loss)
Top with a bit more Parmesan cheese and pop into the oven. Remove and let cool a bit.
Look at that gorgeousness…..delish…
Artichoke Crab Dip Bread
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz mozzarella
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, diced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (6.5 oz) crab meat (fresh meat will work to, I just couldn’t find any)
- 1 cup four cheese blend, or Italian blend, shredded
- Pre heat oven to 425
- Cut French bread in half. Drizzle with olive oil and smear with garlic. Top with mozzarella
- In a medium-large bowl, combine cream cheese, artichoke hearts, crab-meat, ½ cup Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Top generously onto bread and stick in oven for 8-10 min. or until cheese begins to melt
- After cheese has begun to melt, turn broiler on to low and broil until cheese is golden. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn. It should only take about 2-3 min.