So I am not quite sure what to call these little gems of deliciousness.
They have all my favorites in them….
All the basics in one bar shaped magnificent-ness treat.
And yes, I do quite enjoy making up words. They make life funner.
First, make your Oreo Cookie crust.
Yes I did use cut up ziplock bags to line my pan. I was out of parchment paper and you know my love of going to the store for little things…..not!
It actually worked out fantastic.
This is the same filling/ layer I used in the Chocolate Peanut Butter Hearts
Sprinkle with toffee bits or peanuts
Stick it back into the freezer. Once hardened, cut up and gobble up.
See if they will last longer in your house than they did in mine. Our record is 1 day.
Peanut Butter & Cookie Bars
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 pkg (3 cups) Oreo’s, crushed
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 jar (16 oz) creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee bits
- Line a 13×9 inch-baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine Oreo crumbs, 1 stick of butter and ½ cup sugar until fully incorporated. Press into pan. Pop in freezer.
- Meanwhile in a large pot melt peanut butter and butter. Once melted remove from heat and add vanilla. Mix in powdered sugar.
- Remove pan from freezer and pour peanut butter mix over. Pop back in freezer for about 10 min, or until firm.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in 30-second increments (stirring in between).
- Pour over peanut butter and sprinkle with toffee bits. Stick back in freezer until firm.
- Cut and serve. Store in fridge.