Once again my procrastination paid off.
I desperately needed a snack for my sons cub scouts and didn’t want to leave the house….it is a whole ordeal these days (put the dog out, the kids think we are going to be gone for ever so they need toys and snacks, get dressed…a whole ordeal)…anyway back to the food.
So, boy scouts…food…what goes better with cub scouts than s’mores?
It just so happened that the other day we went to Trader Joe’s (I love that place) and got these little guys.
We had some marshmallows in our pantry for who knows how long and always have chocolate (that I make sure we NEVER run out of).
So the S’mores bites were born. It was a beautiful thing.
These couldn’t be easier (that what I am all about, easy fast, good food).
Just a few easy steps.
On a lined cookie sheet lay out your gram crackers.
Place 1/2 a jumbo marshmallow on top.
Pop in oven on low broil for 2-3 min.
Remove and stick in freezer for 10 min.
In a microwave melt chocolate and shortening (to thin). Dip marshmallow gram crackers in and pop back in frezzer for 10 min, or until set.
Now I left half un coated in chocolate for those non-chocolate
That easy. It took me longer to write this than to make them.
- Desired amount of gram cracker cookies (I used 64)
- 1 bag jumbo sized marshmallows, halved
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp shortening
- Turn oven on to a low broil.
- Lay desired amount of gram cracker cookies out on a lined baking sheet.
- Top each with ½ of a jumbo marshmallow.
- Pop in oven for about 2-3 min.
- Remove and stick in freezer for 10 min
- Melt chocolate and shortening in microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between each.
- Dip gram crackers into chocolate and stick back in freezer for about 10 min or until set.
- Store in fridge