I was never, ever a Mexican food fan. I have always love Italian food or southern food.
But once I tried this, I fell in L-O-V-E.
In a medium bowl, combine shredded chicken and 1 cup cheese.
These are little angles. They help me not be 500 pound. I love my carbs. I mean LOVE…..I would give my left arm for some pasta (only kidding there)
The best thing about these (other than the taste), is that they only have 4 net carbs!!!! 4!!!!!! I can eat all of them and not feel guilty….well not toooo guilty.
Take one tortilla and spoon 1 Tbsp of sauce onto the center and add about 1 Tbsp of chicken and cheese mix. Fold and place seam down in baking dish (13×9 inch) side by side.
Now my hubby loves these so much (and it was pretty late when we finally got to eat) I did not get a chance to take any cooked pictures. I went to grab my camera (backup camera) and turned around and he was on the couch digging in.
I had to jump in or I wouldn’t get any.
But trust me….make these. You will be glad you did.
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- 16 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 dozen tortillas (small, i.e. corn)
- 2 cans (10.5 oz each) cream of chicken soup
- 1 pt sour cream
- 1 can (7 oz) diced green chilies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded chicken and 1 cup cheese.
- In a medium-large pot combine cream of chicken soup, 1 cup cheese, sour cream, green chilies and salt and pepper until warm, bubbly and smooth.
- Take 1 cup of sauce and pour on bottom of baking dish.
- Take one tortilla and spoon 1 Tbsp of sauce onto the center and add about 1 Tbsp of chicken and cheese mix. Fold and place seam down in baking dish (13×9 inch) side by side.
- Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake for 30 min.