The last few days it has been a bit cold here. Let me clarify….cold for Arizona. Shoot we even got a bit of snow at our cabin (it didn’t last but an hour, but it is still something)
So what goes perfect for a cold day……Chowder. MMMMMMmmmm. I am getting warm just thinking about it.
So for dinner I made this.
Please, please, please forgive me for the pictures. My camera is still busted and the camera shop wants over $400 to fix it. So I am trying to convince the handsome, sweet, super buff husband (hopefully he is reading this )to get me a new one instead.
To make this even easier, I made it in my crock-pot.
First up, the veggies. Chop them all up and toss in.
Tip: Put your milk and flour into a sealable container and shake well.
Add your clams, and seasoning. Turn heat to low and cook for another hour.
This seasoning is incredible. It add a whole different flavor to anything.
30 min before serving add your crab meat.
Chipotle Crab-Clam Chowder
- 2 cans (6.5 oz each) minced Clams, drained
- 1 can (6.5 oz) Crab meat
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups diced carrots
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp Chipotle Chile seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In your crock-pot, cook your veggies (carrots, potatoes and onion) in water for about 1.5 hours or until tender on high heat.
- In a re-sealable container add your milk and flour. Seal and shake well to mix. Pour into crock-pot.
- Add your cream and clams. Add your seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Cook until thick and bubbly, about 1 more hour. You can add more milk to thin to desired consistency if needed.
- Turn heat to low and add crab. Cook 30 min more.
- Serve warm.