(dancing) I just cant seem to contain my self with these little guys. (still dancing)
After reading a post that the beautiful Jessica from How Sweet It Is wrote, I had to get my hands on these. Unfortunately I just couldn’t find them. I scoured the internet and went to Macy’s to see if they had any….no go.
So I said….’Oh Darn’….yea we will go with that.
I guess I am just going to have to try to make them. So I did. They were so much easier than I thought they would be.
I am going to warn you….these are extremely habit forming.
Here is the line up….
First, in a large bowl combine your milk and 1 cup of your sugar.
Then add in your cake mix, vanilla and remaining sugar. (Add your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Be careful..I busted my hand mixer trying to make this. Ended up finishing the mixing with a spatula. It gets thick)
Add in your sprinkles and form.
Pop in the freezer for a bit and make your chocolate.
Dip them in. Pop back in freezer to set and dive in.
Just try to stop at one.
I dare you….
Now I don’t know how they compare to the other ones, but they are pretty darn good.
Cake Batter Chocolates
- 1 can (14 oz) condensed milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- ½ tsp French vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp sprinkles
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ Tbsp shortening
- In a large bowl, mix condensed milk and 1 cup of powdered sugar until fully combine.
- Add cake mix and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add remaining powdered sugar until dough is pretty firm (like play dough)
- Mix in sprinkles.
- Form in to cubes (or balls) and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Pop in freezer for 20 min.
- For the chocolate coating, in a microwave safe bowl add chocolate chips and microwave in 30-second increments, making sure to stir after each. Takes about 2 min total.
- Stir in shortening until smooth.
- Remove cake batter cubes (or balls) and dip into chocolate. Pop back into freezer of fridge to set.
- Store in fridge.