Any time I don’t really feel like cooking or going out into the world and civilization I make this. It is fast and can have may variations depending on what I have in the pantry/fridge.
And my my little monsters constantly request it, especially when it is cold out.
So easy to make and so delish.
First in a large pot add your oil and onion. Cook over medium-high heat until onions become translucent. Add garlic, and cook about 2-3 more min. be careful not to burn onion or garlic. Add chicken broth and cut up potatoes and cook semi-covered, over medium-low heat for about 45 min or until potatoes are tender.
Ranch Potato Soup
- ½ onion, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 48 Oz chicken broth
- 1.5 pounds baby yellow potatoes, cut in quarters
- 3 Tbsp Ranch Powder
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup buttermilk
- salt and Pepper
- In a large pot add oil and onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook about 2 more min. Carful not to burn garlic or onion.
- Pour in chicken broth and potatoes. Add Salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to medium-low and semi-cover.
- Cook about 45 min or until potatoes are tender.
- Add Ranch powder and cook about 5 more min.
- In a blender ladle in potato and chicken broth; pour in buttermilk and add in cheese.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve warm.