Because today is my (gulp) birthday…dun dun dun dun….I am going to enjoy and indulge on these little angles.
Oh me oh my these little guys are fab-ooo
I had my little kitchen helper help me out too.
First step…. Make the filling…The Oreo truffle filling (drool).
Then place one scoop of this batter into each lined cupcake spot in your cupcake pan.
Place the other 1/2 of your Oreos into a Ziploc bag and give them a good crush. Get your frustration out on them.
Fold the crushed up Oreos into your frosting. And dump into a gallon Ziploc bag.
Snip of one of the corners and squeeze out to frost each cupcake.
Pure delicious heaven……
Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
- 1 package (16.6oz) Oreo Cookies
- 1 package (8 oz) Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped to remove seeds
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin/cupcake tin.
- In a food processor blend ½ of the Oreo cookies and all the cream cheese until fully incorporated and a paste forms. Add in your chocolate chips and process until fully incorporated. Set aside in the fridge.
- In a large bowl cream butter sugar, eggs, vanilla, almond and vanilla bean.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Slowly incorporate dry mix with wet mix.
- Scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula
- Mix in Milk.
- Place about 1 Tbsp of batter in each cup. Remove Oreo Truffle mix from fridge. Take about 1-2 tsp of Oreo mix and place on top of batter in each cup. Add another tablespoon of cupcake batter and spread out to encase the truffle.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 min.
- Remove the cupcakes and let cool. Frost when completely cooled
Best Frosting Ever
from The Pioneer Woman
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ a pkg of Oreo’s, crushed
- In a small saucepan, whisk flour into milk and heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens. You want it to be very thick, thicker than cake mix, more like a brownie mix is. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature. It must be completely cool before you use it in the next step. Stir in vanilla.
- While the mixture is cooling, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. You don’t want any sugar graininess left.
- Then add the completely cooled milk/flour/vanilla mixture and beat the living daylights out of it. If it looks separated, you haven’t beaten it enough! Beat it until it all combines and resembles whipped cream.
- Fold in the crushed Oreo’s.
- Place any frosting that you haven’t eaten, into a gallon size Ziploc bag. Snip of a corner and squeeze out to frost.