Yesterday, after my daughters dance class, we had a baking BONANZA. Everyone was cooking something. The kids were making concoctions with their play-dough (which I am still finding in the weirdest places), and my pour kitchen took a beating. I dont think my dishwasher is going to like me for the next couple days.
To go along with my tribute to the color pink and my obsession with carbs, cookies and baking I created these little nuggets yesterday. And because there is oatmeal they are healthy….right????? Well that is what I am going to tell myself.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp almond extract
- ½ pkg (about 1-1 ½ cup) mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup oats (quick)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pkg (about 10 oz) Cherry Baking Chips (I used Log house—they can be found on their web site or I got then at Super Walmart)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to a large Ziploc bag. Close securely and shake until mixed. Slowly incorporate into butter mixture.
- Fold/stir in mini chocolate chips and cherry baking chips.
- By the Tablespoon full place on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove and let cool